The HARMONIC Consortium is a project of the Harris County Public Library (HCPL), Lone Star College (LSC), and the Montgomery County Memorial Library System (MCMLS) to effectively share the cost of the Horizon Integrated Library System and to provide seamless access to the complete library collections for library users at the Tomball and Cy-Fair joint libraries.
...3,2,1 On to the Quest!
Submit your answers to the questions below using the form on Harriet. A good practice is to first type your answers into a Word document. When you are finished, Copy/Paste your answers into the form. This may save you from losing your work. Be sure to submit after you have entered all your answers into the form.
- List the name, address and phone number of a library from MCMLS and LSC.
- What does the term “checkout location rules” mean?
- LSC College students can use their LSC card at any HCPL Branch. Should HCPL staff collect fines and fees on LSC student account?
- When editing borrower information in Horizon, which accounts should not be edited by HCPL staff?
- Give the name and contact information for the circulation coordinator at North Harris College Library – LSC.
Reciprocal Borrowing with Lone Star College
In addition to lending and borrowing materials from two of the campus libraries (Tomball, Cy-Fair) and HCPL branch (Fairbanks) reciprocal borrowing with (LSC) opens things up to many more users in both the District and HCPL.
Continue on your journey to through the HARMONIC page to explore the reciprocal borrowing process.
- Name the 4 LSC district satellite centers not included with the reciprocal service.
- Name the HCPL branch libraries allowed to collect fines owed on LSC issued cards.
- Which HCPL branches have reciprocal borrowing with Montgomery County Memorial Library System?
- The Venn diagram is named after its inventor, _________________________.
Houston Public Library One Card
Houston Public Library issues PowerCards to their library customers. PowerCard numbers can be added to HCPL customer accounts.
Trek over to the One Card page on Harriet to learn more.
- HPL materials will be checked in ____________ they are received at a HCPL Branch using HPL’s Millennium Circulation Software.
- What are the titles of the two attachments on the One Card Policy page?
- True or False. HCPL will not collect fines on HPL accounts. This includes FM and KW.
Take a final Journey and visit the Texas Medical Center Library page on Harriet to learn about the Texas Medical Center Library and find out how HCPL materials travel to TMC.
- True or False. Fines on HCPL accounts will not be collected at TMC.
- HCPL items going to TMC to fill a hold request should be placed ________________ for delivery to TMC.
- Give the name and contact information for the Assistant Director, Circulation at TMC.
If you have submitted all the correct answers to accomplish this mission, you will receive the Alliances Space Vehicle to add to your command. This will let you dig through our cramped but coveted Cargo Hold for a chance to win a great prize. Complete The Fleet by earning all ten vehicles, and you will also receive ten Intergalactic Training Credits.