Adding Blocks to Customer Accounts
Blocks are the first thing you see when you scan a customer's card.
There are two different kinds of blocks
- Manual Blocks
- System Generated Blocks
- Manual blocks are placed manually by library staff.
- They must be deleted manually when the issue is resolved.
- When these blocks are deleted they go into History Blocks.
- Horizon keeps this information in History Blocks for a time and then automatically deletes it.
- Manually added fines/fees
- Message to Borrower
- See Supervisor Block
- Note Block
Language in Blocks should always be professional. Customers have the right to look at any block on their record.
System Generated Blocks
These blocks are generated by Horizon Examples of System Generated blocks include the following.
- Exceeded Maximums
- Hold Notifications
Blocks Currently Used
- The following blocks restrict customers from using account.
- aa supv: See Supervisor blocks should only be added by a supervisor.
- acr: Address correction Requested.
- The following blocks do not restrict customers from using account.
- aa tape: Missing Tape or Item Block
- dNote: HCPL Damaged Note
- ecr: HCPL Email Address Correction Requested
- Note: Comment Block- similar to Message to Borrower Block - Comments are not specifically directed to customer
- Message to Borrower-block can be seen by customer in IPAC.
- After a customer has been spoken with about an issue like Missing Pieces, the block should be deleted.
- Holds Deleted blocks should be deleted.
- Damaged blocks should be deleted after customer is spoken with.
- When blocks are deleted they go into the History Blocks.
Part 2: Changing Hold Pickup Location
- Customers at times may want to change where their Hold is after it is on the Hold Shelf.
- The following procedures enable staff to change the pickup location in Horizon.
- You may want to suggest to the customer to change their location in Horizon.
Can't see the presentation? View it on SlideRocket.
Sliderocket is a free presentation software. It is similar to PowerPoint, but you don't have to install it on your computer. Check it out!
In Horizon, when you press ALT it will underline one letter of the words in the menu bar. Pressing ALT+ the letter underlined will take you to that menu. For example ALT+B will take you to the Borrower Menu.
|F1||Opens Help||F4+ESC||Closes Current Process|
|F2||Opens Edit | Search for an Item||ALT+F4||Closes Everything|
|F4||Opens Find Borrower||CTRL+S||Saves Changes|
|F5||Opens Add New Borrower||CTRL+F6||Moves to the Next Window|
|F6||Opens Edit Borrower||CTRL+SHIFT+F6||Moves to Previous Window|
|F8||Toggles Between CKI/CKO||Page Down||Moves to Next Page|
|F9||Activates the Navigation Bar||Page Up||Moves to Previous Page|
|F10||Prints Single Item Slip||Tab Key||Moves Cursor from Field to Field|
|F11||Prints Multi-item Slip||SHIFT+TAB||Moves Cursor to Previous Field|
|F12||Opens Code Boxes|
...3,2,1 On to the Quest!
Submit your answers to the questions below using the form on Harriet. A good practice is to first type your answers into a Word document. When you are finished, Copy/Paste your answers into the form. This may save you from losing your work. Be sure to submit after you have entered all your answers into the form.
- What are the two kinds of Blocks?
- True or False- Manual Blocks are deleted automatically by Horizon.
- What Blocks keep customers from checking out?
- True or False- Blocks should be added with no initials or branch code to protect the staff.
- List the six steps to change the Pickup Location of a Hold on the Hold Shelf.
If you have submitted all the correct answers to accomplish this mission, you will receive the Circulation Space Vehicle to add to your command. This will let you dig through our cramped but coveted Cargo Hold for a chance to win a great prize. Complete The Fleet by earning all ten vehicles, and you will also receive ten Intergalactic Training Credits.
F6 opens Edit Borros Code Bo